Bears can be frightening or funny, but we have rarely met a bear that is delicious. But, today is the day! Pack your bags because we are headed to the forest as explorers to find a delicious bear-shaped pancake for breakfast … or really, for any time!
Surprise your children with a breakfast in the woods, decorate the kitchen or dining room a bit and have a special time together.
What you’ll need:
Pancake batter (and the ingredients needed to prepare it)
Brown food coloring
Pan or griddle
Minimum amount of oil
2 squeeze bottles
- Prepare the pancake batter according to package instructions.
- Divide the batter into the two bowls.
- Put two drops of food coloring in one of the bowls and mix.
- Fill the squeeze bottles with the batters.
- Put the pan on the stovetop on low heat. If you are using a griddle, set it to 190ºC (375ºF).
- Add the minimum amount of oil to the griddle or pan, just enough to avoid the pancake sticking to the pan.
- With the small bottle that has the brown batter, outline the shape of a bear on the pan. Don’t forget his ears, eyes and nose!
- Wait until it cooks a little so that the different colored batters don’t blend. Usually, one minute is enough (or when you see that the dough has dried a little).
- Fill in the bear with the natural colored batter.
- Wait for the dough to bubble, that’s when you’ll know it’s time to use the spatula.
- Flip it over very carefully and wait for it to finish browning on the other side, it usually takes about a minute.
Be sure to take pictures or videos and upload them to social media using the hashtag #CookingWithLittleBigHeroes, we will share the best recreations!