If you’ve never risked baking something for your kids, this is the opportunity to do it! We have a fun and easy way to surprise your little ones with an afternoon tea or to make any moment special.
Take a risk and show your kids that it’s good to try new and fun things. They can even help you decorate it and make it unforgettable afternoon.
Cake in a cup
What you’ll need:
- Batter for cakes and the ingredients needed to prepare it (you can find it in most grocery stores in the pastry section)
- Red and green food coloring
- Two cups or glass containers (you can use mason jars or glass jars)
- Pastry bag
- Nozzle (star shaped is best)
- Frosting to decorate cakes (you can use whipped cream or even butter cream)
- Three mixing bowls
- Chocolate chips
- Prepare the cake batter according to package instructions and preheat the oven to 180ºC (355ºF), or as indicated in instructions.
- Divide the batter into two bowls.
- Put a few drops of food coloring in each of the bowls and mix.
- Fill glass cups or containers one-third of the way with the batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until you insert a toothpick into the cakes and it comes out completely dry. Be careful not to burn yourself when removing them.
- While they cool, prepare the frosting with the food coloring to decorate.
- Put the nozzle inside the pastry bag and then fill it with the frosting.
- When the cakes are completely cooled, have fun decorating them using the pastry bag.
- Add the chocolate chips for extra fun!
Surprise your little ones and don’t forget to take pictures! We love to see you try new things as a family. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #CookingWithLittleBigHeroes when you post your pictures on social media. We will share the most creative ones on our account!